Sunday, June 9, 2013

Skillshare class on patterns

Today I signed up for an online class for creating repeating patterns in Adobe Illustrator. It's only $20 with the new student discount, and you can do it at your own pace.

Reign Repeats: Create perfect repeat patterns in Adobe Illustrator

The class involves creating a pattern for Spoonflower's picnic themed fabric design contest.

I also got a free 30 day trial of Illustrator from Adobe's website. I've heard lots of great things about this tool, but it is really expensive: $599 for the CS6 version. The newest version is actually a cloud-based subscription service for $19 per month. I dislike the system of subscribing to software instead of owning it, but Adobe holds the best stuff around, so I suppose they will get away with this.

Anyhow, I'm excited to learn from other artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment