Sunday, March 31, 2013

Boots 'n' Cats


Today I found inspiration in a song, or beat, rather. My boyfriend was beatboxing "Boots and Cats" the other day, and I thought it would be fun to illustrate.

Here is my Maine Coon Mix Ramona:

I used the app Sketchbook Pro for iPad to trace and shade my Mona:

Now for the boot. Straight outta Texas:


 My medium will be rubber stamp, so I trace the images onto the rubber.


Well, that came out a little blurry. Good thing I know how to draw!


You really want to cut out the negative space on the edges to keep any extra bits from printing.


Always print before you're finished. Remember you can subtract, but there is no adding in relief carving.

It took me about 4 tries to get the balance right.


And here's the finished result!

No comments:

Post a Comment